Ph.D.Students and Visitors
- Abbas Koohian (PhD Student) received his B.Eng in Telecommunication systems with honours from the Australian National University (ANU), Australia. During his undergraduate studies he was awarded summer scholarship position at the National ICT Australia, where he worked on receiver designs for DSL modems. He was also awarded Golden Key Society (GKS) membership for being ranked among the top 10 precent of university students. He obtained his master degree from the University of New South Wales, Australia. Currently he is pursuing his PHD at ANU, his GPA for the course component of PHD is 90/100 and he has defended his proposal recently on the channel estimation for cooperative communication systems. His research interests include estimation and statistical signal processing for wireless communication systems.
- Ahmed Umar Kausar (PhD Student) completed his B.S and M.S from National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST), Pakistan in 2010 and 2015 respectively. Mr Ahmed is recipient of GEM scholarship at Boise State University. Since 2010, he has been an active researcher in smart antennas and their practical implementation .He is the co-founder of AT Labs Sys, R & D solution provider Company for RF Front end and Smart antennas. He has been in the field of satellite communications & broadcast solutions along with antenna design and has received advanced level certifications for satellite sub systems and their implementation from iDirect USA. Over the last few years, he has authored and co-authored 11 IEEE research papers. He was session chair for IEEE conference ‘Future Generation Communication Technologies 2014’ (FGCT 2014). Mr. Ahmed has also won second prize in All Pakistan Inter Universities Project Competition (COMPPEC 2010). Currently he is working on mm-waves MIMO systems, smart antennas and reconfigurable antennas.
- Ruhollah Amiri (PhD Student) He received his B.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering from Iran University of Science and Technology (IUST), Tehran, Iran in 2011. From September 2011 to September 2013, he was a M.Sc. student at IUST. After graduating from IUST as a first class honor, he has been a network developer working at multiple industrial projects. His research interest is in the area of wireless communication with emphasis on resource allocation. He will be joining us in January of 2016 and he will work on various apsects of small cells within HetNets and big data analysis.
- Mojtaba Ahmadi (PhD Student) He received his B.Sc. degree as a first class honor in Electrical Engineering from Urmia University, Urmia, Iran in 2010. From September 2010 to November 2012, he was M.Sc. student at Iran University of Science & Technology (IUST), Tehran, Iran. After graduating from IUST (3rd class honor), he was an active researcher in wireless communications focusing on space time block codes. His current research interests are wireless communications and signal processing with emphasis on mm-wave communications.
- Solmaz Niknam (Visting Student) received her B.Sc. degree (1st class honor) in Electrical Engineering from Shiraz University of Technology (SUTech), Shiraz, Iran in 2010. From July 2010 to September 2012, she was a M.Sc. student at Iran University of Science and Technology (IUST), Tehran, Iran. After graduating from IUST, she has been working as a Radio/Transmission Planning Engineer in Taliya Mobile, the first pre-paid operator in Iran. Her research interest is in the area of wireless communication with emphasis on resource allocation in relay system. Solmaz and I will be working on heterogeneous networks in millimeter-wave systems.
- Mahfuza Khatun (Masters Student): I completed my B.Sc degree with first class honor in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (EEE) from Rajshahi University of Engineering & Technology (RUET), Rajshahi, Bangladesh in 2011. From September 2011 to September 2014, I was Lecturer in the department of Electrical, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering (EETE), in one of the private university named Dhaka International University, Bangladesh where I taught the core course modules of EETE department and same time, I worked on research in Communication system. I joined the Electrical Engineering as a Masters student at Boise State University in 2015. My research focus is on channel models for mmWave communications.
- Reza Sohrabi: Visiting stduent. Doing his PhD at UC Riverside.
- Vida Vakilian: Did a post-doc under my supervision and is now an Assistant Professor at California State University Bakersfield.
- Omar Hazim Salim: Under my co-supervision completed his PhD in 2015. His thesis is titled Cooperative systems based signal processing techniques with applications to three-dimensional video transmission.
- Rui Wang: Visited myself and Prof. Yingbo Hua at University of California Riverside in Summer of 2012. He is currently an assistant professor at Tongji University in China.
- Ali Arhad Nasir: Thesis "Synchronization in wireless communication systems" Defended his thesis in September of 2012.
- Arif Önder Isikma: Thesis "Phase Noise Estimation for Uncoded/Coded SISO and MIMO Systems". Defended his Masters thesis on July 30, 2011. Currently pursuing a PhD.
- Muhammad Assad: Tariq Thesis "Quantitative Evaluation of High Speed Microwave Modem". Defended his Masters thesis on June 21, 2011. Received a permanent position from Tieto AB.